Due to lower enrollment ratios related to Covid-19 starting tomorrow, Wednesday, March 25th, we will be changing our operating hours to 7am to 5pm. At this time, we are trying to stay open to serve our families, if there are any changes, we will notify all parents as soon as possible.
Also, The following safety practices have been implemented for all child care centers in the state of North Carolina:
Due to a Coronavirus case being confirmed in Brunswick County and as well as our schools being closed, For Kids Only will be implementing the following best practices in order to take all precautions necessary for the safety and well-being of our children, families and staff.
All of the following practices will be observed daily with no exceptions.
1. Only 1 adult will be allowed to accompany their child to their classroom. Same for pick-up.
2. Upon entry in our lobby every person (all adults including staff and children) temperature will be screened with a non-contact thermometer by a For Kids Only assigned staff dedicated to this position. Any person with a temperature of over 100 degrees F will be denied entry. This includes the children you are dropping off for care.
3. Once cleared through the initial temperature screening, please accompany your child DIRECTLY to the door of your child’s classroom. DO NOT ENTER THE CLASSROOM. A teacher will be waiting to greet your child and assist them with proper handwashing before they can enter the classroom with the other children.
4. For Kids Only staff will be assigned duties of additional sanitizing above and beyond normal procedure including hallway walls, doorknobs, fence gates etc. multiple times during the course of the day.
5. Please refrain from bringing any unnecessary items from home as the virus can live on surfaces and items.
6. If you or your child are not feeling well or you have been in contact with someone who does not feel well please do not come to our center until seen by a medical professional. All sick policies will be strictly enforced with no exceptions. If your child is sent home for any reason due to sickness a doctor’s note will be required for reentry into our school.
These will be our current policies and practices unless further development requires a change in either direction. As always it is our goal to provide quality care to our children and families of Brunswick County. If you have any concerns, please contact our administrative staff. Thank you for your cooperation during this extremely difficult time for everyone in our country.
If you have any extra toilet tissue, sanitizer or baby wipes we will gladly accept those items due to the shortages in all stores so that we may continue serving the children.
Thank you and Sincerely,
Pamela W Harrold (Owner of FKO) and the Administrative Staff
Attention: families and staff…
We are aware that the Governor has announced that all schools will be closed for the next two weeks. We are not sure how or if this will affect child care centers as we are also governed by DHHS. We are currently waiting on word from the Division of Child Development and Early Education on what child care centers are supposed to do.
If they allow us to be open, we will be open. Not sure if we will have to stay below the 100 number or not.
We will let you know as soon as we do.
Thank you for your patience and be sure to check our Facebook page for the latest updates.
For Kids Only would like to remind all parents of our policies in effort to control ANY infectious diseases/sickness in a school environment. Listed below are ways that you can help our school remain open and all of the staff, teachers and parents well during this time.
For Kids Only has a policy that ALL children wash their hands as they enter the classroom. We have always required parents to help us with this as the teachers may be doing other things at the time.
This policy will be strictly enforced starting Monday. No excuses. Please plan to arrive at FKO to drop off your child with enough time to assist them to wash their hands. Saying “I’m late” will not be excusable. As you are supervising the handwashing procedure with your child, please refer to the proper handwashing poster at each sink to ensure they are washing their hands effectively.
Also, we are asking anyone who may have come in contact with others with any illnesses to avoid coming into our school until this pandemic is controlled.
Our “sick” policy will also be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
Please help us to abide by these policies for the wellness of all involved. We will continue to update as we know more but our plans at this time are to continue serving this community the way we always have.
Additionally, we have supplies at this time but any donations of toilet paper, hand soap or an items that may continue to be hard to get are appreciated.
If you’d like more information on the prevention and precautions we should all be taking you can visit the following links:
For Kids Only offers an exciting learning opportunity for children of all ages and abilities!
For Kids Only is a licensed Developmental Day Facility and has voluntarily met the enhanced standards set forth by the NC Division of Child Development to achieve the highest 5 Star licensure rating.
Our center was founded in 1990 on the theory that childhood development is a process of stages which occurs during a child’s early years. Additionally, all children do not reach the same developmental stage at the same time. Therefore, this school structures all programs to meet each child’s stage of development on an individual basis. Most importantly, we respect parents as the primary provider of care and nurturing for their child. We believe parents and teachers form an important partnership in a child’s development and education.
FOR KIDS ONLY